As an alternative to the universal high street baby presents, which may perhaps often be duplicated or look ‘department store’ you could choose a unique and more unusual gift, which illustrates you have put your effort and consideration into selecting a special gift for the newborn baby. These special and thoughtful gifts are often kept as souvenirs and can be put in memory boxes and kept as mementos of baby’s early years. Personal and unique gifts are our ethos, whilst adhering to stringent ethics and environmental production guidelines. Some recommendations and suggestions for baby gifts are listed below.
1) A baby record book is the perfect gift to document and treasure all those first memories and special events such as baby’s and family’s details, Christenings or baby showers and birthday celebrations. Also the ideal place to document special occasions like taking first steps and saying first words. Personal, unique and handmade, whilst made ethically in helping less fortunate communities to support their families, they are made with natural linen cover and sealed with twine and decorated with a baby tag. Ideal as a newborn baby gift for your own baby, or a special gift for a newborn baby of relations or close friends. East of India range also includes first keepsake boxes, birth certificate holders and photograph albums all made with their strict adherence to ethical guidelines.
2) The Fairtrade Cotton Crochet Pixie Rattle Doll by Pebble obtainable in six different designs with a rattle inside to encourage hand and eye co-ordination and promote hearing. Without a face these dolls are acknowledged to stimulate creativeness and role play. Pebble promotes dependable and maintainable rural jobs in a trustworthy and safe working environment for over 5,000 women in 52 different regions of Bangladesh. More than simply a unique gift, these toys are both educational and ethically made. Other fairtrade gifts by Pebble include, knitted vegetables, crochet pink flower rattles, knitted floppy bears, knitted little wonky bird rattles and pastel knitted cupcake set.
3) The Maxine Pharoah customised cushion, in its hand crafted vintage style, includes a high quality printed image from her original artwork. Made with linens, natural cotton, ribbon and buttons, stitched by hand and finished with button flap detail on the reverse, they are personalised and handmade to order. This unique and personal baby gift is ideal for a New baby gift, Christening or Naming Day gift, special birthday present or to compliment baby’s nursery. Lovingly made and individually chosen, they are guaranteed to become a favourite treasure.
4) The Trousselier Giraffe rattle by Trousselier Paris is created from the highest quality soft fabrics and perfect for newborn gifts. His soft mane and long neck make him easy to grip by small hands. Beautifully presented in his own pale blue Trousselier box, he is sure to be a much-loved and valued gift. The Trousselier range includes Bunny Angel, Squeaky lamb, Squeaky Kangaroo and bab, Dotty Rabbit Set and Long eared bunny. As an alternative to soft toys, Trousselier also have a wonderful range of Magic Lanterns which project eye catching moving images onto the lamp and also Wooden Music Boxes, a modern design of a conventional toy, with Mozart and Skaters Waltz tune, for 3 years plus.
5) For an unusual and eye catching baby gift with soft textures, bright colours and ethically made with the environment in mind, the Lilliputiens range of toys consist of everything from Noah’s ark, Farmhouse, Pirate Ship and Wigwam and little Indians set to dolls and animal squeakers. They are all refreshingly unique, something different. They increase creative imagination through play and look beautiful. The Lilliputien Xmas Nativity Set would certainly make a perfect gift for Baby’s first Christmas.